The police employment procedure is a multi-step process, where each applicant must pass one step before progressing to the next. An applicant can be disqualified from further consideration for unsatisfactory performance at any time during this procedure.
To see a list of positions currently available, visit the NC State Human Recourses Staff Vacancies website.
The employment steps are as follows:
1. Applicant should complete an online application packet provided by the NCSU Human Resources Department’s website and will submit it electronically.
2. Human Resources will screen each application to ensure its completion, and then submits approved applications to the Police Department.
3. The department reviews and conducts a preliminary records check on each application. Candidates are considered for interviews and notified via telephone and in writing when a time and date is set.
4. The initial interview is conducted by members of the department patrol division, command staff and the hiring coordinator. Successful applicants will then be given a conditional offer of employment.
5. Candidates that have been selected for a conditional offer of employment will then begin a final testing phase consisting of:
oEmotional Intelligence Testing (EQi)
oA Complete Background Investigation
oA Polygraph examination
oA Psychological Evaluation
oA Physical Evaluation and F.I.T.T. Testing
oA Drug Screening
oA final interview with the Chief of Police
6. Those candidates that successfully complete all conditions in the initial offer will be given a final offer of employment and begin the Field Training Process.
NC State University Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer