Campus Community Watch Program
The campus watch program, based on the concept of neighborhood watch programs, is a concerted effort to inform the NC State University community of measures that can be taken to provide a safer and more secure environment. The aim of the program is for each member of the community to act as an extension of the NC State University Police Department by serving as an observer and reporter. Campus Watch calls upon members of the community to step forward and assist in building a safer campus and community for all.
To maximize safety on campus, the NC State University Community should be alert to:
- Someone calling for help
- Someone looking into windows or parked cars, or otherwise acting suspiciously
- Unusual noises
- Property being removed from closed student rooms or classrooms
- Cars, vans or trucks moving slowly with no apparent destination or without lights on when dark
- Anyone being forced into a vehicle
- A stranger sitting in a car for extended periods of time
- Abandoned vehicles
- Unusual activity in your area
In addition to empowering the Campus Watch Members to make their campus safe, the program also builds personal relationships between the NC State University Police and members of the community they serve.
If you have any questions about the information on this page, please contact the Crime Prevention Unit by email or by phone at 919-515-5963.